Chat whit us

Send us a letter

116 111

Questions and answers

Choose a theme

You have to go to school, above all, because school will prepare you for adult life. School teaches knowledge and skills needed in life.

Bullying at school is a sub-type of school violence. It means repeated malicious behaviour.

Types of bullying:

  • physical – hitting, punching, pushing, blocking the way, obstructing, hiding things, etc.
  • psychological – abusing, ridiculing, threatening, blackmailing, mocking and commenting, deriding, spreading gossip, etc.;
  • relationship related – exclusion from a group, snubbing, pulling faces, ignoring, etc.

School violence is a situation where any person in the school intimidates, threatens, abuses or attacks another person attending school.

The most important thing to do for preventing bullying at school and ending it is to speak about it. If you have fallen victim to violence at school or if you know someone who is being bullied, you should report it to adults – a parent, your class teacher, headmaster, psychologist. You are always welcome to contact the Child Helpline Service 116 111 for advice.

Remember! Speaking up against bullying at school is not tale-telling, but protecting yourself and others! Never accept bullying and abuse! If you remain a bystander, you yourself will be participating in creating an unsafe school environment.

The first advice is to avoid places where there is danger of becoming a victim of bullying. If possible, move around with others. Because it is important for bullies that you notice them, are afraid of them, try not to pay attention to bullies.

The school must absolutely deal with bullying at school and, if necessary, seek assistance of other organisations or authorities.  According to the school must ensure the psychological and physical security and the protection of the health of pupils during their stay at school.

Specific learning difficulties manifest themselves in bad grades and negative attitudes towards the school – truancy, leaving classes. If you experience learning difficulties discuss this problem with a person you trust – your mother, father, sister, brother, aunt. If you do not want to talk to them, then you are welcome to contact a social pedagogue, your class teacher or the subject teacher, the family physician or psychologist to discuss special learning difficulties. If you wish to discuss other ways you can deal with the problem, you are welcome to call us at 116 111, write to us in a chat room or at